Sri Lanka tour of Pakistan 2019 came to a successful ending. Pakistan beat Sri Lanka 2-0 in the ODI series. Sri Lankan players and management was thankful for the security and fan support they got in Pakistan. Sri Lanka came back in the T20I series and won it 3-0.
For the first time since last ten years, any International cricket team came to Pakistan for a two-week-long tour. Pakistan cricket board (PCB) and security officials made sure that the trip goes well. A foolproof security plan was prepared for the tour, and the responsible departments implemented them well.
The crowd in Karachi was not up to expectations, but in Lahore, the fans turned out in numbers to support both Sri Lankan and Pakistani players. Though Pakistan lost the T20I series by new-look Sri Lanka side, the fans never made it look like a disappointment. They supported both the sides and enjoyed the return of international cricket to the cricket-loving country.
Reaction Of Sri Lankan Players and Management Over Security Arrangement And Fan-Support In Pakistan
Sri Lankan players took their twitter handles to thank Pakistani fans and security officials for providing such a pleasant environment to play cricket. Some of them expressed their happiness in live interviews.
- Pakistan Cricket Board shared an inside-the-room video in which players congratulated each others.
— Pakistan Cricket (@TheRealPCB) October 10, 2019
- Sri Lankan stand-in skipper Dasun Shanaka took his official twitter handle to celebrate his first achievement as skipper and thank Pakistani crowd.
It was a fantastic Team effort to wrap the series!Thank @pcb for wonderful hospitality and the security provided.was a wonderful atmosphere.Thank you for great pakistan fans who supported us as well. I believe pakistan is safe to play cricket. @imrankhan @pcb @icc
— dasun shanaka (@dasunshanaka1) October 9, 2019
- Young Sri Lankan all-rounder Shehan Jayasuriya posted a picture on twitter in which he is wearing Pakistani T-shirt. The picture went viral on social media.
Thank you #Pakistan … for the hospitality, safe environment, tight security, and support. Hope to come back soon and hope other countries will follow us as well. @TheRealPCB #SLvPAK #PAKvSL pic.twitter.com/EXJuj9NkIe
— Shehan Jayasuriya (@ShehanJaya12) October 10, 2019
- Danushka Gunathilaka also joined the party with his tweet.
End of a very special tour.Kudos to @TheRealPCB for bringing back intl cricket to their fans.Great hospitality.Excellent security measures.Hope every other country will visit here soon.Pakistan is safe to play cricket & their fans deserve it!#PakvSL @ImranKhanPTI @OfficialSLC
— Danushka Gunathilaka (@danushka_70) October 9, 2019
- Sri Lanka coach Rumesh Ratnayake, in an interview with Pakpassion.net, said,” This tour is a message for the whole world and especially a message for future Sri Lankans. The tour has gone very smoothly. Us playing here, will encourage so many other countries to also come to Pakistan.”
- Pakistan Tour Of Australia 2019-20 Schedule, Squads, Venue and Time Table