Pakistan Cricket Team’s full schedule for ICC T20 World Cup 2020 has been revealed.
The 7th edition of International Cricket Council (ICC) T20 World Cup will take place in Australia next year. The tournament will be held across the seven venues from October 18 to November 15, 2019.
On December 31, 2018, top ten teams in the International Cricket Council (ICC) T20 rankings automatically qualified for the ICC T20 World Cup 2020. However, only the top eight teams have qualified for the Super 12’s round.
Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, who were ranked at ninth and tenth position respectively till the cutoff date, will have to compete with six other teams who make it through to the ICC T20 World Cup Qualifies.
Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and six qualifiers will be divided into two groups. Then, four of these eight teams will make it to the Super 12’s round.
Pakistan, who was ranked No.1 in the International Cricket Council (ICC) T20 rankings till December 31, 2018, have automatically qualified for the Super 12’s round of ICC T20 World Cup 2020. Though, they have managed to maintain No.1 position till now.
Pakistan is placed in group 1 alongside with hosts Australia, champions twice West Indies, New Zealand, and the Two Qualifiers.
Pakistan will kick off their Super 12’s round when they take on the hosts Australia at Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) on October 24, 2020.
Pakistan’s Full Schedule For ICC T20 World Cup 2020
Here is Pakistan Cricket Team’s Full Schedule For ICC T20 World Cup 2020:
Date Opponent Venue Time (PST) October 24 Australia SCG 1:00 PM October 29 A1 (Qualifier) SCG 8:00 AM October 31 New Zealand Brisbane Cricket Ground 9:00 AM November 3 West Indies Adelaide Oval 8:30 AM November 6 B2 (Qualifier) MCG 8:00 AM
Pakistan’s Records In ICC T20 World Cup
2007: Runner Ups
2014: Group Stage
2016: Group Stage
- Shahid Afridi (Pakistan) is the leading wicket-taker in T20I World Cups with 39 scalps to his name
- He was also declared man of the tournament in the Inaugural T20I tournament
- Pakistan is currently ranked at No.1 in International Cricket Council (ICC) T20 rankings
- Babar Azam (Pakistan) is ranked at No.1 in International Cricket Council (ICC) T20 batting rankings
- Shadab Khan, Imad Wasim and Faheem Ashraf are ranked at No.2, 3 and 9 respectively in International Cricket Council (ICC) T20 bowling rankings