Pakistan and Sri Lanka will face-off in 3rd ODI today at National Stadium Karachi. The hosts are leading the 3-match series 1-0. First ODI of the series was washed out, and the 2nd one was rescheduled because of rains spell in Karachi who is hosting One-day International (ODI) matches after a decade. The game, according to Pakistan Standard Time (PST), will start at 3:00 PM. It will be a day-night fixture.
Weather Forecast And Pitch Report
In the 2nd ODI, it was typical Karachi pitch with no swing and spin on offer for fast bowlers and spinners respectively. It was a batting paradise, and Babar Azam and Shehan Jayasuriya took full use of it. Shehan was unlucky though not to go into three figures.
In the 3rd ODI, the spinners may get more turn with the pitch slowing down a bit. Still, it will be a handy wicket to bat on. The team wins the toss should bat 1st.
According to weather.com, humidity will be around 70-80 in Karachi tonight with a little breeze blowing. The chances of rain are as low as 12%. It is hoped that a complete 50-over game will be played uninterrupted.
Pakistan vs Sri Lanka 3rd ODI – Match Preview
- Despite losing the 2nd ODI, visitors shall be high on confidence, the way they came back after being put in 38/5
- Thirimanne, the stand-in skipper, will be under pressure to deliver in this match being the most senior players in this Sri Lanka squad
- Middle-order needs to take more responsibility, as Lahiru Thirimanne mentioned in the post-match presentation after 2nd ODI
- Wanindu Hasaranga will be the key player for Sri Lanka with a little bit of help for the spinners
- Though Pakistan registered a win in the 2nd ODI vs Sri Lanka, there was a lot to improve regarding batting
- Top-order clicked, Fakhar scored a half-century, Babar went on to score his 11th hundred in One-day Internationals (ODIs), but despite from them, the middle-order and lower-order was exposed as they failed to utilize the platform provided by Babar and Fakhar
- Babar Azam will once again be the key player for Pakistan, and a lot will depend on how he bats whether batting first or chasing the target
Team Combination and Probable Playing XI’s
Pakistan will look to go with the winning combination and same strategy as in the 2nd ODI.
Fakhar Zaman, Imam Ul Haq, Babar Azam, Haris Sohail, Sarfraz Ahmed (C&WK), Asif Ali, Shadab Khan, Imad Wasim, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Hasnain
With the series on the line, Sri Lanka may tinker with the playing XI. Tall seamer Kasun Rajitha is likely to replace Nuwan Predeep.
Avishka Fernando, Sadeera Samarawickrama (wk), Oshada Fernando, Lahiru Thirimanne (C), Shehan Jayasuriya, Dasun Shanaka, Wanindu Hasaranga, Isuru Udana, Lahiru Kumara, Nuwan Pradeep/Kasun Rajitha, Lakshan Sandakan.
Sri Lanka vs Pakistan 3rd ODI – Match Prediction
With Pakistan already 1-0 up in the 3-match series, it’s confirmed that they can’t lose the series from here with the first match abandoned. They will be boosted by the way they outplayed comparatively week Sri Lanka team in every department.
On the other hand, new-look Sri Lanka will have to win the match to level the series. In the 2nd ODI, chasing 306, Sri Lanka, at one stage were 38/5. The way Shehan Jayasuriya and Dasun Shanaka rescued their team and almost took them over the line, it must be an excellent booster for the visitors.
The 3rd ODI promises to be more competitive than the 2nd one as Sri Lanka and Pakistan will look to play fearless cricket, and that’s the thing which will help the cause of both sides.