After facing humiliation in the first T20I, Pakistan is ready to face Sri Lanka in the Gaddafi Stadium Lahore today. The hosts need to win this match to keep the series alive. Pakistan vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20I will can be seen on different TV channels across the world.
The contest will start at 6:30 PM (PST). Sri Lanka is leading the three-match series by 1-0. Pakistan will have to make a strong comeback to beat this emerging Sri Lankan side.
Weather Forecast And Pitch Report
According to Weather.com, It will be very humid in Lahore today with the meter wondering around 74-80%. The chances of the rain are 0%, which is quite pleasing for cricket fans. The temperature will hover in the mid-20s will a little breeze blowing across the ground. As usual, in Lahore, the dew will be a significant factor to deal with for the team bowling 2nd.
The pitches in Gaddafi Stadium Lahore have always favored batting, and today will be no different. PCB has decided to use Pitch No. 9 for the 2nd T20I. The same deck, which was used for Sri Lanka vs Pakistan, only T20I back in 2017. With the pitch being full of runs, the dew factor will cause a significant threat. The captain winning the toss would choose to bowl first to escape dew threat.
Pakistan vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20I
- With Sri Lanka humiliating Pakistan in the first T20I, the visitor’s confidence will be high.
- The Islanders will look to seal the series with a win in the 2nd T20I as well.
- Sri Lanka will continue with the winning combination in today’s game.
- Even though Sri Lanka won the opening T20I of the series, they will look to improve their batting to put up a higher score tonight.
- Danushka Gunathilaka, who scored 133 in the third ODI followed by 57 in the first T20I, will be the key batsman for Sri Lanka if they are to do well with the bat.
- Isuru Udana, in bowling line-up, will be the go-to option for Sri Lankan skipper. He picked up three wickets for just 11 runs in the first game.
- Some Signs of worries appear for Pakistan as they have been put under pressure by this young Sri Lankan side.
- Pakistan will look to bounce back in the 2nd T20I to keep the series alive.
- With Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal making a weak comeback to the Pakistan team, there is a strong possibility that Fakhar Zaman will replace Ahmed Shehzad. Umar Akmal may get a second life.
- Despite underperforming in the first T20I, Babar Azam remains the stalwart of this Pakistani batting line-up. He will need to score some runs today to keep his reputation.
- In bowling, Mohammad Amir being the leader of the attack has a big responsibility to start well. He didn’t get the wickets in the first T20I but was very economical and accurate with his line and length.
Avishka Fernando, Danushka Gunathilaka, Oshada Fernando, Sadeera Samarawickrama(w), Shehan Jayasuriya, Angelo Perera, Dasun Shanaka(c), Isuru Udana, Kasun Rajitha, Lakshan Sandakan, Nuwan Pradeep, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Lahiru Madushanka, Minod Bhanuka, Lahiru Kumara, Wanindu Hasaranga
Ahmed Shehzad, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Umar Akmal, Asif Ali, Sarfaraz Ahmed(w/c), Faheem Ashraf, Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Amir, Wahab Riaz, Haris Sohail, Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Hasnain, Usman Shinwari
The humiliation Pakistan faced in the first T20I might get the best out of them in the 2nd T20I. The team is known for its habit of rising from the bottom has done it in the past many a time. Sri Lanka did superbly well to beat World No.1 side in the first game, and they would love to seal the series with a win today. But because Pakistan has been the best T20I side since the last couple of years, it will not be a cakewalk for the Islanders. Knowing the habit of the Pakistan cricket team to make sharp comebacks, it can be said that today might be there day.