Pakistan vs Sri Lanka 2nd ODI
Pakistan is ready to face off Sri Lanka in 2nd ODI of the series on Monday. The match will be played at the National Stadium Karachi. According to Pakistan Standard Time (PST), the proceedings will start at 3:00 PM of the day-night fixture.
Weather Forecast And Pitch Report
With the 1st ODI of the series washed out and the 2nd ODI rescheduled, the Sri Lanka tour of Pakistan is not going well for Pakistani fans and management as they thought it could be.
Sri Lanka Cricket Board (SLC) and Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) decided to shift the 2nd match of the series from September 29 to September 30, keeping the weather forecast for Sunday in the eyesight.
The weather forecast for match-day is pleasing for Pakistani and Sri Lankan fans as there is ‘NO RAIN EXPECTED THROUGHOUT THE DAY.’ It will be a sunny day with the temperature hovering under 30 degrees. Humidity will be around 68 percent.
It is the same Karachi pitch which used to produce the scored of par 300. Tell you what! It has got better with time. The team wins the toss should bat 1st.
- With the first match of the series washed out, the visitors will undoubtedly release the pressure, and this little break should give them the chance to calm their nerves and focus on cricket rather than security factors
- Sri Lanka stand-in skipper Lahiru Thirimanne said that they would give their 100 percent against the strong Pakistani lineup, and would showcase their abilities
- For Sri Lanka, The captain himself will be the batsman to watch out for
- Sri Lanka is currently ranked at number 8 in MRF Tyres ICC ODI Rankings
- Pakistan cricket team is not taking Sri Lanka lightly according to the skipper Sarfraz Ahmed, so they will go with the full strength XI
- Pakistani captain Sarfraz Ahmed said that they were not taking this Sri Lanka side lightly. Sarfraz labeled them ‘inexperienced but dangerous.’
- For Pakistan, Babar Azam will be the man; everyone will have an eye on
- Pakistan is sitting at number 6 in MRF Tyres ICC ODI Rankings
Team Combination and Probable Playing XI’s
Imam Ul Haq and Fakhar Zaman will open the batting with Babar Azam providing steadiness in the middle. Asif Ali and Haris Sohail can strike the ball cleanly with Wahab Riaz being handy in the lower order. Mohammad Amir, Wahab Riaz, and Young Mohammad Hasnain complete the pace battery while Imad Wasim and Shadab Khan will be the front line spinners.
Fakhar Zaman, Imam Ul Haq, Babar Azam, Haris Sohail, Sarfraz Ahmed (C&WK), Asif Ali, Shadab Khan, Imad Wasim, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Hasnain
Weekend by withdrawals, Sri Lanka will look to choose a potent combination for the 2nd ODI. A lot will depend on the captain Lahiru Thirimanne. He, along with Avishka Fernando, will be crucial for a good start. Nuwan Pradeep will lead Sri Lanka’s bowling attack with Isuru Udana. Wanindu Hasaranga and Lakshan Sandakan will be the spin bowling option for the skipper Lahiru Thirimanne.
Avishka Fernando, Sadeera Samarawickrama (wk), Oshada Fernando, Lahiru Thirimanne (C), Shehan Jayasuriya, Dasun Shanaka, Wanindu Hasaranga, Isuru Udana, Lahiru Kumara, Nuwan Pradeep, Lakshan Sandakan.
Probable Top Performers
Pakistan: Babar Azam
Sri Lanka: Shehan Jayasuriya
Sri Lanka vs Pakistan 2nd ODI – Match Prediction
Sri Lanka, on paper, looks inexperienced as compared to Pakistan, but with Pakistan carrying the famous tag of unpredictability, there could be a lot of twist in the series. With top ten players opting-out from the tour, the challenge for Sri Lanka will be to find the right combination.
On the other hand, Pakistan finished their World Cup campaign on a high. Though they failed to make it to the semis, yet there were some notable performances by the men in green.
Some of their top guns, like Babar Azam and Shaheen Shah Afridi, are in the form of their life. Mohammad Hasnain, who was called back from the Caribbean Premier League to fulfill his national assignment, can be a surprising package. At the moment, with man-to-man comparison, Pakistan looks much stronger than the inexperienced Sri Lankan side.
- Geo Super
- Ten Sports
- PTV Sports
- Goonj APP
Sri Lanka vs Pakistan – Head-To-Head In ODIs
Here is the complete Head-To-Head record in ODIs for both the teams so far. Pakistan has dominated Sri Lanka in this format of the game.
[table id=5 /]