Lahore is all set to host International cricket once again as Pakistan and Sri Lanka gear up to face each other in the 1st T20I of the series.
The match will start at 6:30 PM (PST). Gaddafi Stadium Lahore will host this historic contest between Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
Weather Forecast And Pitch Report
According to Weather.com, the chances of rain in Lahore are as low as 10% today. But the humidity will be 76. Dew will play a significant role here as usual. As the night goes on, the dew factor will come into play.
Pitches in Lahore have always been batting friendly. We have seen in the past as well, but the way the curators have been making the pitches for Pakistan Super League (PSL) from the last couple of years, are an absolute batting paradise. The captain winning the toss should look to bat first as the dew factor, in Lahore, will come into play big time. It will be difficult for the bowlers to control the ball bowling second.
Pakistan vs Sri Lanka 1st T20I
- Pakistan will enter the T20I series with a 2-0 triumph in the ODI series, which has boosted their confidence against this weaker Sri Lanka side.
- Ahmed Shehzad, Umar Akmal, and Faheem Ashraf have made a comeback to the national side, and it strengthens the already strong T20 team.
- Pakistan is currently ranked at No.1 in MRF Tyres T20I rankings.
- Umar Akmal, who made a controversial comeback in Pakistan’s side, will be the player to watch out for in today’s game.
- Although Sri Lanka lost the ODI series 2-0, they have taken positive points out of it.
- The way young guys like Dasun Shanaka, Lahiru Kumara, Shehan Jayasuriya, and Wanindu Hasaranga came to the party was outstanding.
- Sri Lanka is currently ranked at No.8 in MRF Tyres T20I rankings.
- With the leading players including their regular T20I skipper Lasith Malinga opting out of the tour, it will be a great challenge for this young Sri Lanka side to compete with the world number 1 T20I side. The shortness of the format will make it easier for the visitors.
- From Sri Lanka, the stand-in skipper Dasun Shanaka and Shehan Jayasuriya will be the players to watch out for in today’s match.
Avishka Fernando, Danushka Gunathilaka, Oshada Fernando, Sadeera Samarawickrama(w), Shehan Jayasuriya, Angelo Perera, Dasun Shanaka(c), Isuru Udana, Kasun Rajitha, Lakshan Sandakan, Nuwan Pradeep, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Lahiru Madushanka, Minod Bhanuka, Lahiru Kumara, Wanindu Hasaranga
Ahmed Shehzad, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Umar Akmal, Asif Ali, Sarfaraz Ahmed(w/c), Faheem Ashraf, Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Amir, Wahab Riaz, Haris Sohail, Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Hasnain, Usman Shinwari
With Pakistan already standing tall at No.1 in this particular format of the game, the 2-0 ODI series win adds more to their confidence. Also, Sri Lanka will be without the services of their regular T20I skipper Lasith Malinga, T20 specialist Thisara Perera, Niroshan Dickwella, Angelo Mathews and Dinesh Chandimal. The withdrawal of these seniors players has weakened the Sri Lanka side. Sri Lanka has got some dangerous T20 players like the skipper Dasun Shanaka and Shehan Jayasuriya. But, it will be a mountain to climb against this evergreen Pakistani side in the shorter format of the game.